Playing Fields Rules & Regulations
The playing fields; Pulford Field, Bran End CM6 3RN, Mill Lane Field, Mill Lane CM6 3SN, Alcott Field, Collops Villas, CM6 3SY, are owned and managed by Stebbing Parish Council and set aside for the use and enjoyment of the public for the purposes of sport, relaxation, and children’s play.
All enquiries should be made to the Clerk to Stebbing Parish Council (01371 855 805) email@example.com
In order that the playing fields may be properly and effectively managed and maintained as valuable recreational amenities for the benefit of the local community, the following Rules and Regulations are to be observed at all times by any persons using the fields.
Throughout these Rules and Regulations, the term ‘the Council’ shall mean Stebbing Parish Council. The expression ‘consent’ shall mean the written authorisation of the Council. The expression ‘ground’ shall mean any of the three playing fields.
PROTECTION OF THE GROUND, ITS WILDLIFE AND THE PUBLIC
1. Protection of structures and plants
2. Unauthorised erection of structures
3. Fly Tipping
8. Balloons and Lanterns
PLAY AREAS, GAMES AND SPORTS
12. Cricket and Football
13. Cycles and
14. Children’s play apparatus
16. Field sports
18. Model aircraft and drones
OTHER REGULATED ACTIVITIES
19. Provision of services
20. Excessive noise
21. Public shows and performances
22. Aircraft, hang-gliders and hot air balloons
24. Metal detectors
26. Removal of offenders
structures and plants
1. No person shall without the consent of the Council, remove from or displace within the ground:
(a) any barrier, post, goal post, seat or implement, or any part of a structure or ornament provided for use in the laying out or maintenance of the ground; or
(b) any stone, soil or turf or the whole or any part of any plant, shrub or tree. Unauthorised erection of structures
2. No person shall without the consent of the Council erect any barrier, post, goal post seat, ride or swing, building, plant, shrub or tree or any other structure.
3. Fly tipping is the illegal dumping of waste e.g. all garden waste, builder’s waste, white goods, wood, metal, etc and will not be tolerated. The Council will prosecute anyone caught fly tipping.
4. No person shall without the consent of the Council turn out or permit any animal for which he is responsible to graze in the ground.
5. No person
shall enter or leave the fields other than by an authorised entrance or
exit. The main access gate will be kept closed unless
arranged with the Council.
6. No person shall without the consent of the Council erect a tent or use a vehicle, caravan or any other structure for the purpose of camping.
7. No persons
shall without the consent of the Council, light any fire, barbecue or
other outdoor cooking/heating implement.
Balloons and Lanterns
8. No persons, unless taking part in an approved sport, shall without the consent of the Council, propel or discharge any helium balloons, Chinese type inflammable lanterns, kites, or any other device likely to cause harm to animals, people, or buildings.
9. Unless taking part in an approved sport, no person shall throw or use any device to propel or discharge in the ground any object which is liable to cause injury to any other person.
10. No person shall ride a horse except in the exercise of a lawful right or privilege.
No person shall bring any animals, other than dogs, onto the fields.
Dogs must be under close control of their owners at all times and all
excrement must be removed. Where dog bins are not provided, litter bins
may be used.
PLAY AREAS, GAMES AND SPORTS
12. (a) Stebbing Cricket Club shall, within their written Agreement with the Council, enjoy the use of the agreed area of Mill Lane Field.
(b) Flitch Youth Football Club shall,
with their written Agreement with the Council,
enjoy the use of the agreed area of Alcott Field.
Cycles and powered vehicles
13. No person shall, without the consent of the Council, bring or cause to be brought into any part of the fields, any cycle, motorcycle or other powered vehicle
Children’s play apparatus
14. No person aged 14 years or over shall use any apparatus intended for the exclusive use of persons under the age of 14 years. Adult gym equipment is provided for use by all ages.
15. No person shall engage in the sport of archery except in connection with an event organised by or held with the consent of the Council.
16. No person shall throw or put any javelin, hammer, discus or shot except in connection with an event organised by or held with the consent of the Council
17. No person shall drive, chip or pitch a hard golf ball.
Model aircraft and drones
18. No person shall, without the consent of the Council, cause any power-driven model aircraft, drone or similar, to:
(a) take off or otherwise be released for flight or control the flight of such an aircraft in the ground; or
(b) land in the ground without reasonable excuse.
OTHER REGULATED ACTIVITIES
Provision of services
19. No person shall without the consent of the Council provide or offer to provide any service for which a charge is made.
20. No person shall, make or permit to be made any noise which is so loud or so continuous or repeated as to give reasonable cause for annoyance to other persons in the ground and neighbouring buildings by:
(a) shouting or singing;
(b) playing on a musical instrument; or
(c) by operating or permitting to be operated any radio, amplifier, or similar device.
Public shows and performances
21. (a) No person shall without the consent of the Council hold or take part in any public show or performance.
(b) No person shall, without the consent of the Council, organise or participate in any religious service, public meeting, assembly, rally or demonstration, whether of a political or any other nature, on the fields.
Aircraft, hang gliders and hot
22. No person shall, except in case of emergency or with the consent of the Council, take off from or land in the ground in an aircraft, helicopter, hang glider or hot air balloon.
23. No person shall fly any kite in such a manner as to cause danger or give reasonable grounds for annoyance to any other person.
24. No person shall without the consent of the Council use any device designed or adapted for detecting or locating any metal or mineral in the ground.
No person shall obstruct:
(a) any officer of the Council in the proper execution of their duties;
(b) any person carrying out an act which is necessary to the proper execution of any contract with the Council; or
(c) any other person in the proper use of the ground.
Removal of offenders
26. No person shall behave riotously or indecently on the fields nor shall a person intentionally obstruct, disturb, or annoy any other person on the fields or in neighbouring properties.
27. Any person offending against any of these rules and regulations may be removed from the ground by an officer of the Council or a constable.
RULES FOR PLAYING BALL GAMES IN DESIGNATED AREAS
Any person using a designated area for playing ball games is required to comply with the following
a) No person
shall play any game other than those ball games for
which the designated area has
been set aside.
b) No person shall obstruct any other person who is playing in accordance with these rules.
exclusive use of the
designated area has been granted to a person or group of persons by
the Council for a specified period, no other person shall play in that area during that period.
The Owners do not accept any responsibility or liability for the death of or injury to any person or animal who or which is at any time upon the field or for the loss of or damage to any property belonging to any person upon the field and all persons visiting the fields shall do so entirely at their own risk.
Clerk to Stebbing Parish Council 17 May 2018